WB-airsoft forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft > Paintball

3 posters

Go down

Should we use this style of gameplay?

Airsoft > Paintball Vote_lcap167%Airsoft > Paintball Vote_rcap1 67% 
[ 4 ]
Airsoft > Paintball Vote_lcap133%Airsoft > Paintball Vote_rcap1 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Airsoft > Paintball Empty Airsoft > Paintball

Post  ford1601 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 pm

READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING OTHERWISE YOU LOOK LIKE A MORON!

Let's face it, airsoft is better than paintball.
When you get shot in paintball, you put your gun over your head and call yourself out, and walk away...
However, in Battlesim, ERA, and all the other airsoft fields I've been to, when you get shot, you pretend to die a quick death.

ie: Bam, you get shot in the stomach, you grab your side, fall to your knees and "die" in a conveniently comfortable position.
This is much more realistic, much more entertaining, and has a few advantages:
People can "feign" death and just hit the deck, but when the attacking team rolls on by, they jump up and fire at them!
There's a higher level of realism because we need to accept this isn't paintball
Some people stop, and even go to talk amongst "alive" people after they're shot
This prevents "ghosting" (telling someone where somebody else is, when you're dead)
You can use bodies as human shields Very Happy
Etc. etc.

To confirm a kill, just walk within eye sight/hearing range and say "Bang, kill confirmed" just to make sure that person doesn't jump up and open fire (this also prevents daydreamers who've been shot from getting double-tapped in the head on the field)

Obviously, nobody wants to be sleeping in the field until the round is over 20 minutes later
You can either... Have each body get up and run back to the reloading point after X minutes
Or... Once X amount of people dies (usually 2 people 'buddy up') they run back to the reloading point

Tell me what you think.

ford1601

Lawlz : 165

Back to top Go down

Airsoft > Paintball Empty ok

Post  SnipeJAG94 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 pm

dude your right on the mark... except for one thing... when you safety kill. you don't want to yell. you speak comly move slowly and look at the person... if you yell there is a good chance you would startle them...

other than that... your right on...

haha i only paint ball if i need a boost of my conshance... other than that i kind of quit paintball... i was to blasted expensive...

airsoft is realistic... i like realistic simulations...
SnipeJAG94
SnipeJAG94

Lawlz : 650

Back to top Go down

Airsoft > Paintball Empty Re: Airsoft > Paintball

Post  ford1601 Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Yeah, paintball is good because it hurts more than airsoft usually, and completely kills my fear of BB's.

But who says you have to yell (yeah I did say once you're within earshot, but that's the entire field pretty much)

You can just say "Garrett, Bang. Henry, Bang. Marcus, Bang." etc. so they KNOW they're dead.
OR
You can just shoot them in the vest or the place that hurts the least

ford1601

Lawlz : 165

Back to top Go down

Post  JoKeR9-1-1 Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 am

ya, to kill someone whos within my firing range i normally say "safety kill" and hold my gun up at them, or, like ford says, just shoot them in the vest or something
JoKeR9-1-1
JoKeR9-1-1

Lawlz : 256

http://www.zemax.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down